April's Two Cents

Teacher tells it like it is...

Finally the truth! In a world so full of political correctness, and concern for everyone and their mothers’ feelings, it’s refreshing to see someone stand up and tell the truth! In a Reuters article I stumbled across while bored, I found the story of a teacher who apparently had the guts to say something true about today’s’ kids and now finds herself rewarded with a suspension.

In a blog (a personal one by the way) the High School English teacher commented that some of her students are “rude, disengaged, lazy whiners. They curse, discuss drugs, talk back, argue for grades, complain about everything, fancy themselves entitled to whatever they desire and are just generally annoying.” Can I just say, “WORD!” Yes, ordinarily I wouldn’t dare to think of saying such of thing but I can personally say in my experience, generally most teenagers are exactly like this. The teacher is, rightly, fighting the charges. Here is hoping her the best of luck! Follow the jump to read the actual article.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110217/od_nm/us_teacher_blog_odd





Comments

Popular Posts